What is Georgia Work Ready?
Georgia Work Ready was created to ensure that Georgia's workers have the best skills, easy access to training and world-class job opportunities. The backbone of the initiative is the Work Ready Certificate, which assesses the real world skills of Georgia's workers. Georgians can use their Work Ready Certificate to prove their work readiness to potential employers. Georgia also offers gap training aimed at helping to improve Certificate scores, enabling career growth and continued on-the-job success. This, combined with an innovative job profiling process that accurately identifies the exact skills required for specific jobs is helping create the perfect match between Georgia workers and jobs.
Benefits of Work Ready
Earning a Work Ready Certificate can be your ticket to the job you've always wanted. The Certificate verifies your work readiness skill level to potential employers and demonstrates your commitment to success. If you want to improve your skills, Georgia also offers free and easy-to-access training programs. All of this adds up to a competitive advantage, better job opportunities and a brighter future.
Additional benefits include:
- Confidence that core skills and work habits meet the needs of local employers
- Ranking above other job applicants lacking a Work Ready Certificate
- Better understanding of employers' requirements for job performance
- Determining skill improvements and training opportunities
- Realizing opportunities for career advancement and promotions
- Demonstrating on your resume an understanding of the skills employers want